Monday, June 18, 2012

Growing up....

Well, the week has had its ups and downs.  These are our ups..

We spend the whole week doing this with our new summer beach passes....

And I spend my time on the sand with these girls in our small group who are super sweet....


Nancy is the cute gal in the middle who just had her little guy, Lincoln, about 6 months ago.  He was a surprise, so we all helped  her see the bright side of things while she was pregnant.  Her kids now range from 25yrs. old to 6 months...

Rema is my other good friend.  She is an internist and E.R. doctor at Children's Memorial.  She's from the middle east and her food is to die for....Our kids are the same age...and they all really have a great time together..
_______________________

These are our downs....

1.  My pap smear came back with 'unusual cells' again.. 

2.  I'm fat and still had coconut cream pie for breakfast this morning....

and....  

My sweet, loving, darling, mama's boy, always giving good morning hugs, Johnny, told me last night he would never tell me anything about what was going on in his life...

"Why?" I asked....

"I'll tell dad stuff because he's a guy.  But I'll never tell you anything."

Well, that pretty much sucks and also pretty much ruined the rest of our Father's Day dinner.  

Not sure how that all came about.  I never get mad at him, have always been open with him, and give him lots of opportunity to do whatever he wants....

Maybe it was that time he caught me checking his FB messages....probably had something to do with it....But I refuse to go about blindly trusting him at 14 and never check anything...

So, we've gone to this little guy who absolutely ADORED his mother..
 To this big guy who won't tell his mother anything or really care to say hello to me when I walk in the door...

He likes his job at Willow Creek and he left this morning to work as a counselor at a sports camp I made him sign up for.  He was mad when he left the house because I "got him into this".  It's a volunteer job but I know that if he was home all day, all he would be doing would be playing video games.  He works that job every weekday from 9-3.
_________________

Then there's Joey.  He's still not eating and we were advised by a social worker at church to send him to see a psychologist.  I don't know how we have gotten into this 'eating disorder' thing but we are wading our way through it.  He's down from 100 lbs to 80 lbs and is still eating like a bird, worried he is fat. 

He is at Harvest Bible camp now and will return Thursday.  I have been praying that his self esteem will have grown and I will see a new boy when he walks in the door.  A mother's wishes.....

Joey DOES talk to me by the way....actually spills his guts to me.  I hope that won't end.

Last week he was invited to the skating rink by the "popular group" as he calls them.  Remember these days??  Skateland popped into my mind as soon as I got here...


Anyway, the 'popular girls' from his grade asked him and another boy to come along.  I regrettably left him alone there as I passed some questionable looking people hanging out by the bathrooms.  

When we picked him up he said, "Wow Mom, the girls were cussing like I've never heard before.  I think they were trying to act cool but I was pretty much shocked.  Other then that I had an awesome time!  I can't believe the popular girls included me!"

Ok- so the popular girls are not going to be going out with my little Joey anymore....

________________________

Hannah and Holly are are doing well...taking swimming lessons, playing dolls together, and going to a week of sports camp that Johnny is helping out at.  They have tons of books they are reading too.  I had to steer Holly away from comics/practical joke books and focus more on chapter books.  Only 1 joke book I told her.  The rest have to be 'school approved' for her reading log.

I had to play soccer with Hannah's team for their last practice.  Moms vs. daughters.  I did score 1 goal.  I told Hannah as we got out of the car, "Mommy is not very athletic Hannah."  Hannah said, "Don't worry Mom, I'm not either!"  So all in all it ended up being a fun time with her.  I made one little girl cry because I stole the ball away from her.  It wasn't pretty.

_______________________

I started my summer course--a PSY class called Human Development.  Everyone in my class is a nursing student except on gal who wants to be a mental health counselor.  They all seem very friendly.  It's a lot of work though.  I have to write a 3 page paper once a week for 6 weeks along with reading 4 chapters a week and 2 quizes a week.  I'll be swamped with that all summer.

_____________________

I'm immersed in my sex trafficking awareness group at Willow and I love it.  More on that later.....

Still hanging in there with the priests.  I love them all.  They are my best friends : )

Bye for now.....

No comments: