Sunday, May 20, 2012

no internet, no phone...

Well, it's been awhile.

A storm hit 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and still.......

No Internet.

We just got the phone up and running about 4 days ago.

I don't have the time or money any more to sit in Starbucks to blog with my laptop.

I have a few secret parking spots at McDonalds and Panera where I can pick up wifi.  That way I don't have to buy anything.

I'm waiting to get caught and be run out of the lot.

**************

Biology is finally over.  I got an "A" for the class and am so glad I am done.  I thought I could start the social work program at Northeastern Il. Univ. this summer and was all geared up.  I told my counselor at the community college to transfer my credits.

He said......

"Wait, one of your psychology classes you took at MCC doesn't count.  You have one more class to take....Human Development".

I signed up for the class.

It starts in 2 weeks.

This will never end......

I have to ease into math as well.  I don't need it to get into my major but I do need it to graduate.  So it's one algebra class at a time.

Anyhoo, I signed up for the fall semester at NEIU and will interview with the Professor in charge of the Social work program next month.

******************

We had the Hands at Work in Africa founder stay with us last week along with his traveling companion, Jed. 

Here is a picture of George



Here is a picture of Jed and his wife



They were both wonderful.  The kids, especially Holly, was enthralled by them both.  George, the founder, gave Holly an African name ~ "Mohopi"   Not sure what that means but he spent a ton of time with her.  She, of course, was in his face most of the week.  Imagine that???

I hope he rubbed off on them.  John spent most of his time "working out in the yard." Especially when I was gone.  He was afraid to be alone with him.  I think he thought George was going to talk him into going to Africa and that freaks him out.  I was mad at him for not being friendly.  I was mad at him for a lot of things that week.

*****************

Mother's day/Grandparents day was great!  Here are a few pics..




*****************


Joey had a 10 second part in the Sound of Music.  The pictures turned out really cute!





***************************

Johnny was chosen to play at the All Star game tonight.  Northbrook picks 2 kids from each Pony A team to play in the village square.  Tonight's the night under lights at the park.  It will be fun and it was so much fun knowing Johnny will play.  Mom got to watch him pitch the other night.  He did a great job.  Here is a cute picture of him..


Here is his 'all-star' team.  They met for the first time 45 minutes before the game started.  Johnny pitched the 6th inning and gave up 5 runs.  It was brutal to watch.....John paced, I hid behind a park bench, and then it was finally over...





******************

Hannah is gearing up for her dance recital...


She is doing Bollywood and Ballet.

Here are her darling costumes..




 Please disregard the hairy leg in the corner.  I couldn't figure out how to crop that out!

Not much else.  I will put the bollywood dance on my blog as soon as I download it.  I'm getting yelled at to come upstairs now.  

Bye for now.....

No comments: