Sunday, April 22, 2012

too much going on.....

Well, 

I'm sick.

The reason....

Wading in a pond, up to my chest, at 10 o'clock at night looking for frogs, in sheeting rain, 2 nights in a row.  

I have the worst cold.  I'm sure I gave it to all my co-workers at the in-patient unit and also all the hospice patients.  I called in sick today.  

I'm just run down.  

I had a huge 3 hour biology test on Friday.  It was horrible.  I can't wait until this class is over.  Only 3 more weeks.  

Here is my infamous teacher explaining our lab out in the rain...

Mr. Strond

 I have a 12 page toad paper to write and one more exam all due the week mom is coming to visit.  

Speaking of that....George Snyman, the founder of "Hands at Work in Africa"....The organization John and I support in Baraka, Zambia..He is coming into Chicago and asked if He and his wife could stay with us along with their traveling companion.  It's the 3 nights before mom is to arrive.  

I was happy to do it but between work, the 4 kids, my class wrapping up and mom coming, it was pretty terrible timing.  

I'll update you on that later.

**********************

As you know I have been serving on a team at Willow Creek with the Refugee Program.  I pack all the boxes to be sent out to apartments when refugees arrive.  

Well, Willow Creek won the "Open Arms Award" for volunteer of the year and I was asked to go up on stage at the benefit banquet and accept the award.  Here is a lousy picture John took of me with our cheap camera...


It was really humbling they would ask me....the one who 'lived' in the dirty Pod doing somewhat of the grunt work.  I didn't feel like I should have accepted it;  Especially since I have only been at Willow for about 6 months now.  And I always HATE getting awards (not that I get any)..but to me it's just embarrassing.  But I survived and I had great company at my table.  

One of my table partners was the compassion and justice pastor at Willow and talked to John and I about 'safe families'~ temporary foster care through the church.  We are still thinking about that endeavor...  I have made a new friend through this gal though and really enjoy her company.  We have the same passion for outreach and she is really friendly and funny and outgoing..just my type : )

************************

Soccer has started.  Holly is a stud.  (I have to say) --only to my family of course : )  She is SO fun to watch.  

Hannah on the other hand has a little harder time....She reminds me a lot of Joey.

Here is a short video of her.  She is getting quite big and I have no idea who's genes she inherited.  Maybe the Silver side..

The beginning of the video is a terribly blurry picture of her dancing at school chapel.  She is on the front row on the right.   And then it goes into her soccer.  


She was goalie for her first game and let 8 goals go through right in a row.  She put her face in her hands and started to cry..I felt terrible for her.  The ref went over and talked to her and gave her some encouragement.  He was a rock star with her.  I don't know if she would have gone back to soccer if it wasn't for him.

She was so cute in her 4th grade concert.  Here is a pictures of her and friends.  She actually let me curl her hair for once.  It looked so pretty on her..




I bought her her first bra at Justice last week.  She is as flat as a board but wanted to fit in with her other friends.  She wears it every day.  Johnny and Joey think it's disgusting....
***********************

Joey is enjoying track.  He loves long distance and is thinking of running cross country in high school. He ran 4 miles the other day in practice and said he could have kept going but practice was over.  He has slimmed down A LOT and has lost that baby fat on him.  Here's a few pics of he and his friends at track..



*******************

Johnny has hit puberty.  He shaves, and has had a growth spurt.  This has served him well for baseball season.  He is so much stronger and can hit and pitch much harder.  I wasn't sure I wanted to spend time out at the baseball field all summer but I'm enjoying it.  He is enjoying it so much he wants to try out for high school baseball.  

The open seasoner for Northbrook baseball has a home run derby every year. They have the best hitters in the league come out and have a hitting contest.  Johnny was chosen.  He didn't win but here is a short video of him trying...


The guy that sings the national anthem for the Black Hawks came out and started the day off singing on the field and there were hundreds of people out cheering them on.  It was really fun.


I have been on his back about finding a job.  He isn't trying which is making me really mad.....

**********************

And finally Holly...

Yes, this picture about sums up this child.  I lost a lot of Votre Vu samples for about a month.  I asked her if she was playing with them.  She said she there was about a 4% chance she was, but she couldn't remember.

John took her to "bring your kid to work day'.  Here she is trying out the climbing wall...





She is a as funny as ever.

That's about it.

xoxoxoxxo

No comments: