Friday, March 23, 2012

It's Been a While!...but I'm Back!!!!

It's been awhile since I last blogged.  No time..writing a paper on this...
In case you didn't know...It's a Bufo Americanus...(laymen's terms...American Toad)

I can tell you everything about this creature.  Not sure how this paper will ever help me in my career but I am confident if anyone wants to discuss the Bufo Americanus with me I will be able to hold an intelligent conversation with them.
____________________________

Volleyball is over!  It was a lot of work but the boys were glad we were participating in their school activities.  The Varsity didn't place and the JV took 3rd place in the finals.  It was so time consuming.  I am just glad we have our life back after the school days.  I know John loved every minute of it. 
Here is a short volleyball clip of Johny's team.  He's #10..
________________________________

Holly sang in the cutest concert ever at CHA.  Here is a short clip from her class.  You can't see her when they are singing on the bleachers but the little song is so cute.  There is also some cute video of her class leading chapel.


Here is her crush....Will Collins.  I took this after her concert.   You can tell by Will's body language he isn't too sure about Holly leaning in by him : )

She totally cracks me up....She said to me yesterday, "Mom, I have a list of body parts and I want you to tell me what they are.  #1.   kidneys,   #2. Bladder,  #3.  Pancreas, #4.  How does dad's sperm get to your egg...."    Hmmmm...I think she was trying to fit that last one in some where..  Very clever...

That child has been my most fun.   Her teeth are still missing.  I dread the day they start growing back in.  She is just so darn cute..

___________________________

Work is still awesome.  They were so wonderful for my birthday.  I got an angel snow globe from one priest, many cards, hugs, Blessings, 'I love you's', Happy Birthday sung to me at breakfast and lunch in the dining hall.  It was crazy.  It's my favorite place to be and honestly, I think those 90 year olds are my best friends. 

 I discovered something about myself. ...I like old people better than people my own age.  If I had a choice, I would spend all my time with them.  There is no one 'upping' one another, no gossiping, no hurtful comments...Just simple, sweet and genuine, very easy conversations, and lots of caring.

 I have found a great way to get work outs in this summer.  I line the guys up in their chairs and push them around the parking lot as fast as I can.  The men love it and I get my exercise in.  (At least I think they love it.  They can't talk so I am guessing on that one.)

A cute pic of Fr. Peter and me getting ready to go out.  I put on his hat and sunglasses and tell him he looks like a mobster ; )



 out for a jog...
I hired Irish dancers to perform for them last week.  They loved it...
___________________________________

John and I celebrated our birthdays in the city on St. Patrick's Day.  It was OK...saw a lot of drunks and crazy costumes.  We stayed at the Blackstone Hotel.  It was beautiful...

We find ourselves just staring at each other and not knowing what to talk about.  Sounds terrible,  I know..so we spent most of our time people watching.

We ate at this great place for breakfast on Wabash and 11th street called Eleven.  
That was probably the highlight of our birthdays..
________________________________________

Not much else.  Johnny is preparing for 8th grade graduation.  I'm getting very, very teary over it.  I can't even talk about it with anyone.  I pray I don't "ugly cry" during the banquet.  It will have the usual sappy pictures to music video of the kids all growing up together since pre-school.  The awards, the funny stories of each kid.  I have known most of them since they were 3 years old.  It will be hard to watch them all say good bye...I'm actually dreading it.  (I think Johnny secretly is too).

That's all for now...It's back to my toad paper....

No comments: