Monday, February 27, 2012

Big Time Rush/Decorating/Singing

We got snow!  Yeah!


My co-workers in the parking lot at Divine Word.

I took Hannah to Big Time Rush Friday night.

We got lost...

We drove to the All State Arena.  I was feeling pretty good about myself...got there 45 minutes early....just enough time to look around at t-shirts etc....

We pulled in the lot and not many cars were there.  I saw a guy next to me get out of his car and I said to him, "Big night tonight huh!  Ready to have some fun?!"

He said "Yeah!  My 6 year old grandson is skating on the ice during the national anthem.  I can't wait to see him!"

Hmmmmmm..I thought to myself.  Skating at the Big Time Rush concert?..and the national anthem...  Oh well, maybe they have some spectacular show planned.

I walked in and saw people every where with Chicago Wolves jerseys on and kids with hockey sticks.

I looked down at my tickets and it said, "Rosemont Theater".

We were in the wrong place.

With 30 minutes to spare we ran back to our car, doubled back to the parking attendant so I could get my parking fee back and then called John to get directions.  After a stressful 20 minutes, we made it.



This is what I heard for 3 solid hours....


Hannah loved it.  I thought I would die before it was over.  My ears rang for 2 days.

She had a blast though.  It was worth it to see her dance.  She didn't just clap and dance...she got up on her seat and was moving like I've never seen before.  (she kissed me about every 10 minutes or so).  I think her birthday present was a success.

Here she is getting ready....





 And here she is in the bathroom at intermission...with her $20 program (ugh)
I had to take the picture in the bathroom stall because it was the best lighting for my itouch..

 It was a night to remember

*************************************************

I went shopping.  I bought a corner table for my entryway.  I was sick of trying to use Grandma Helblings old sewing machine with a table cloth to put picture frames on.  Here it is..




I also pulled out John's moms china and put it in my hutch.  I didn't get all the pieces (Patty says she doesn't know what happened to them) Not that I deserved them at all after Jeanette's death.  We never liked each other.  But I did really LOVE her china.  I think Patty took the pretty pieces and left me with the junkier ones but that's just speculation..
***************************************************

I am coaching the boys volleyball game today all by myself.  John isn't going to be there even though he PROMISED me he would.  We play Glencoe.  I hope the other coach is nice to me.

Here's the JV and V team pics

*************************************************
Johnny signed up for Drivers Ed.  I can't believe I am even typing this.  How crazy is that!!!!????

He leaves for Washington D.C. tomorrow for his 8th grade class trip.  He is so excited and I am so excited for him.  He will be back on Friday night.  He bought a new camera with some if his money he had been saving.  I will post pictures when he comes back.

**************************************************

Here are a few videos of the kids singing Adele.  Holly's is so funny.  She thinks she's really got talent.
Joey's is pretty darn good : )  

Oh, and by the way, I went to court and the guy I hit never showed up so I didn't have to pay the ticket.  So glad that is over!

1 comment:

shelly said...

You are a brave soul for driving in to all that chaos..and for volleyball coaching.. Ryan has horrible memories of his volleyball coaching days when he didn't know what he was doing..Hannah looks soooo grown up in her concert pictures.. I can't believe Johnny is going to drive soon. We can't get Thomas to practice with swimming every night..