Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Ultra Sound Day....and other stuff...

We haven't had any excitement lately....

I'm having an awful medical week though...

That bad pap smear resulted in having to schedule an ultra sound to look at my uterus...

My mammogram came back with 2 "spots" on it.  So now I have to go in for an ultra sound for that.

The doctor reassures me that nothing is wrong...90% chance that I"m fine....I'm not too worried about it.  I just hate tests..

I keep teasing John that he is going to be stuck taking care of all our kids...

anyway....I'm going to try and go in for all my tests on one day....and call it "My Ultra Sound Day"  : )

_____________________________

I took the kids to the beach today.  Hannah had a friend, Jordan, that came along.  It was nice...

Holly with her soggy bow..

Holly in the sand pit

Wading out in the freezing cold lake

Holly, Jordan, Hannah

The boys complaining that they were having a boring time
Look at the chicken legs they have inherited from John

_________________________
Johnny got his first pay check from Willow.  He wishes he could work more.  That paycheck was a big motivator..
__________________________
Joey came back from Harvest Bible Camp.  He said it was the best camp he ever went to.  He told me funny stories for almost 2 hours.  

Apparently he went to the front for an "alter call".  He thought it was something else and then the whole camp started clapping for them and Joey realized what he'd walked up for.  When he went back to his seat his friends whispered, "Joey, I though you already accepted Christ as your Savior..You mean you have been pretending all these years to be a Christian??"

Joey was mortified......  He said, "I didn't understand what they were saying when they asked people to go up.  It's all a big mistake!  I've been a Christian since I was 6!"  Well, all he heard at camp after that was, "Way to go Joey!"  He finally fessed up to his camp counselor that it was all a misunderstanding after the counselor tried to give him "The First Steps of the Christian Life" pamphlet.  

John and I laughed our heads off when we heard that one.  Other than that and 1 migraine he had a great time.

_______________________

I drug John to a Human Trafficking fund raiser tonight.  It was called, "Set Beautiful Free".  They focused on women and children prostitution in the brothels of India.  I know he doesn't like going to that stuff.  But I make him.

_____________________

My class is going fine.  I just finished a paper on whether or not I wanted to be tested for a gene that predisposed me for lung cancer or Alzheimer's.   I had to type 3 pages on my opinion.  Got that turned in yesterday.
_______________________
Not much else.  I took a couple of 90 year old priests to the beach the other day.  I got them on a golf cart at the top of the bluff...walkers and all...and away we went down to the lake.  I held on to them for dear life.  They really enjoyed it.

Going to bed now...Tell Ryan I am thinking of him Shelly.  I hated hearing that news about his arthritis.

No comments: