Monday, October 15, 2012

Johnny Has a Girlfriend....

So we are diving into our first 'girlfriend', and I say we, because I am reading texts, asking a million questions and feel like I am going through this with him. 

He asked her to be his girlfriend at last Friday nights football game and by the spring in his step and the smell of perfume that wafted through the car as he jumped in, I take it she said yes...

Johnny has been calling her 'Her' for a few days and John and I finally told him to spit out her name.  So we are now using Alexis instead of 'Her'.  

This is what we know about her:

1.  She's Jewish
2.  Her parents are Russian
3.  She is ranked the #1 gymnast in the state for her age group and is hoping for a full ride in college.
4.  Her gymnastics takes up all of her free time. (thank God)
5.  Johnny says she's 'really nice'. 
6.  She calls Johnny 'Her Boo'.  (don't EVER tell Johnny I told you that)  

This is what we know about Johnny:

1.  He's whipped

So, that being said, many long conversations have occurred and hopefully our advice is sinking in.  We told him we have a 'computer program' that sends all his texts to our inbox so we see everything.  Maybe when he's married I'll confess that we really didn't have one.

After doing some detective work, I found some homecoming pictures of her on Facebook.  

This is half of her home they are standing in front of.  She is the last girl in the line.



The girl in the middle.  Johnny better take his shoes off before he goes in that house...


Third girl from left.  I admit she has a cute shape on her.



 Right now they only see each other in school.  He's not allowed to be alone with her.  I'll keep you posted if I ever meet her.

________

We heard some interesting news at church the other day....

The 2 boys, Kailyn and Emmanuel, that we were going to take in are having problems in the home they are living at. Their guardian told us to prepare our home in case they need to transfer them here at the last minute.  We ordered a new mattress yesterday and are now, again, waiting to hear what's going to happen.  I'll keep you posted on that.

_______

Here's Holly singing in the school chapel on Friday...front row middle w/brown pants..

 

Everyone else is doing fine.  I'm enjoying my day off today.  

 

No comments: