Monday, November 5, 2012

Iowa/Dance/Funeral


Sad day today.  

My favorite priest, Fr. Artzer, died and today was the funeral.  I am sitting right next to him in this picture.  I took it just last week. He was my best buddy at work.  We did everything together.

  I met his family today.  They asked me to participate in the funeral by laying the silk cloth over his casket once it was closed.  He was a classical languages scholar and so I was also asked to lay his Greek and Latin books on his casket.  I was glad when it was over.  I will miss him when I go back to work.
______________________________

I went to Iowa over the weekend.  Apparently my city kids need to learn a little more about farm animals.  We saw an ostrich at a craft fair and the kids were standing there clucking REALLY loud at it like a chicken.  I had the funny video but couldn't upload it.  I know the people at the craft fair were wondering what the heck they were doing.



_______________________________

Hannah had her ballet observation night tonight.  Here is a sampling of her...






 


I can't tell if she is any better.  We just keep shelling out the money.  Her 3 costumes for her recital in the spring are $250.00.  I haven't told John yet.

____________________________

Johnny is still with Alexis.  He told us he had his first kiss the other night.  Here is a cute pic of them at a football game. It's not very good of Johnny but it's cute of her.

 
 He told me he was getting straight A's on his report card....we got his mid term grades and it was more like one A in P.E. and the rest were C's and a D in History.  He won't be texting Alexis at night any more...He's not too happy about that.

____________________________

 

The kids just burnt some pizza and there is black smoke everywhere.  My eyes feel as though they are on fire so I have to go.  I'll leave you with some pictures Holly took on my computer at mom's.  All her pictures are a surprise to me of course....






 She was having a lot of fun in mom's back yard.

I tried to get a cute one of the two of us...can't ever get one..

 
 You may noticed I cut my hair.  I think I like it.  

That's it for now...

No comments: