Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The End is in Sight


The end is in sight and it will be bittersweet.

4 weeks to go.

I told Shelly it will be a bit like letting your child go off to the first day of kindergarten.

You cry in the car, 

cry as you hug them good-bye, 

cry as you get in the car

And then......

You run through Target yelling, "I'm free! I'm free!"

Here are some cute pics of the kiddos...Maybe, just maybe, they formed a friendship with us...
































I feel a little sad as I look through these pictures.  

This will be all we have left and all they have left of 6 months in our and their lives.  

I plan on making a photo album for them so they have a remembrance of our time.  I can't remember anything was when I was 10, and I doubt they will either.
*******************************************

Johnny did well in track this year.  He ran the 100, the 200 and the 4x100 relay.  He took 5th in conference in the 100 and and 1st in conference in the relay.  His freshman relay team broke the school record at GBN and so for that he was very proud. 
 Can you believe he's gone from this...

 To this...... 
 This is a man...a deep voice, whiskers, hairy armpitted man.  When did this happen?  I never saw it coming.....
*******************************************

Joey is loving track as well.  Unlike Johnny, he is a long distance runner.  

 He's getting ready for his "Glorify Chapel" in a few weeks.  He's singing 'Home' by Phillip PhillipsThe graduating 8th graders all do a talent for the school in chapel.  I'll be sure to tape it and send it your way.

********************************************

Holly is playing soccer and loves it.
    And yep- dad is coaching..She is doing great.




*********************************************

My job lately has consisted of getting paid to drink lemonade on a porch with old men and listening to stories.  Not a bad gig..

Today I took Bro. Joe to Wagner Farm in Glenview..He is SOOO cute!  

He was a dairy farmer for 50 years in Conesus NY.  He hadn't been on a farm in 25 years.  He is blind as a bat but LOVED every minute if it!



 
*********************************************

Hannah's ballet recital is in 3 weeks.  I'll send pictures as soon as I get them.  She has 3 outfits and they are beautiful!


******************************************** 
That's it for now.  I think my time is up in my locked bedroom! 

1 comment:

shelly said...

Ryan looks like he has really changed since you have had him. Older looking.. Cute pics..speaking of pics...thanks for the copy. Now gotta figure out what to do next...