Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Out of Control.....

OK- so we have decided we have to get some control around here.  

It 
Is
Out
Of 
Control.

Like Wild animals. Really.  And surprisingly, I could include Johnny in that category. 

So it's safe to say we are officially out of the honeymoon period with Ryan and Jayla and it's all down hill from here on out. 

I don't mean spiritually.  
Spiritually it is always all good.  God is always working amidst the chaos.  I'll get to that later.

What I mean is, we are cracking the whip.  
They now get away with nothing.  
No more grace. 
 
No more listening to a stampede of wild beasts upstairs.
No more destroying of rooms and not putting it back together again.
No more  backtalk.
No more constant lying.   Bringing it down to lying maybe 3 times a day rather than 30. (we can't expect miracles)
No more 500 reasons why they don't have to follow the rules.
No more continuous cartwheeling while the rest of us are trying to watch a movie. 
And no more walking from room to room to room to see who they can bother next.

They need to be on medicine.  
Some sort of tranquilizer would be good.  
I'm taking Jayla to the doctor for ADHD on Friday.  John said if I don't come home with some sort of medicine for both of them on Friday,  he will officially lock them in their room until the prescription arrives.  Enough said.

I'm pretty sure they hate us.

Now on to spiritually;
Jayla wants to be baptized.
Ryan tells all the Jews on the school bus they are going to hell because they aren't saved. (he may need to tone down his enthusiasm)
They love to pray.
 They both love going to church.  In fact, they beg their mother, Tiffany, to take them to church when they are with her on the weekends.  
Everything they learn about God is relayed to Tiffany and so it has become like a domino effect.  That is pretty cool. 

So seeds are being  planted 
and watered.
God will do the growing,
and hopefully we will see the results one day.

We do love them- honestly.  I don't know how that happened, but we do.  
And the girls are starting to work out their problems.  
When I am out in public with them and they are out of control, I casually slip into a conversation with  the stranger next to me that they are 'foster' children- Takes me off the hook from the thoughts I know the other person has about their disrespect and unruly behavior.  I feel a little convicted about that.

Here is a few cute pics of them




OK....on to Turn About....

So Johnny got asked to the Turn About dance.
It happened to be the night before.  
Apparently the mother of his date didn't approve of her going with Johnny but finally gave in and let her ask him at the last minute.
I think it had something to do with him being a football player.  I guess football player = fast.
I reminded her that Johnny attended the same youth group with her daughter and that he grew up in a christian school.  
I don't know if that helped.  
All I know is, that even though her daughter was the most covered of all the girls, she did show up in a black lace dress that looked like it had been put on with a paint roller.

Here is a sample of the other girls.  
I kept saying 'Holy Cow!" and John kept saying to me, "Would you quit saying 'Holy Cow'.  
I thought they all looked like hookers.  (Except for the girl in the purple dress.)


And apparently Johnny had a good time...


When I asked him how the dance went after I picked him up all he said was
"It was dumb."

He's failing 3 major classes in school and we hope and pray he graduates from high school; though he is excelling socially and in sports and his gym teacher loves him.

Here is a pic of him running the 200 against one of his best friends from CHA in yellow.  They had a good laugh about the race.  Johnny hadn't seen him since last year.  Johnny ended up winning that day.


 Joey just got back from Washington D.C. and had a great time.  I kept asking him about all the monuments and the only stories I got from him were all the pranks they pulled on each other and the 'plank' video he made at he museums.  
You may ask what planking is...
Well, I'll tell you. 
It's when kids randomly just lay down anywhere in front of people and then get up and walk away.  
Yes- that's what Joey was doing at the museums.  Very classy I'm sure.  
Here are fun pics of him in D.C;



 Hannah had a good birthday.  I got her contacts and she takes about 45 minutes a day trying to get them in.   It is horrible.  But she looks SO cute without her glasses.  Here she is with a huge balloon I got her and a turtle cover for her i-touch:


We take one day at a time....All we can manage right now.

 Here is a fun picture of Holly and I at the beach the other day.



In between my 2 jobs, track meets, volleyball games, a willow creek marriage class, one on one dates with 6 kids and a husband, you can find me working on algebra problems.

I'll finish up by saying this- I HATE MATH

The end.



2 comments:

shelly said...

I did notice the tight short dresses on his fb pics..how do they not inch up? Sorry I missed calling Hannah on her bday. Swimming took up those days so I missed Dani's phone talk also. Fun seeing Joeys pics..looked like they had fun..glad the girls are working out their probs..thanks for the updates..

BCollins said...

Ok, I am in shock over the dresses! Will is never leaving the house!!