Monday, February 11, 2013

Survival Mode

Yes, survival mode.  I am locked in my room right now.  Not sure how long it will last before the pounding on the door starts.  

Honeymoon phase is over.  Not sure why that was called a honeymoon phase......more like 'Was I smoking weed when I decided to sign up' phase. 

Now we are onto 'let's get our real feelings out and tell each other exactly what we think' phase.  

Hannah and Jayla are fighting.
Holly and Jayla are fighting.
Ryan and Jayla are fighting.
John and Jayla are fighting.
John and I are fighting.  (in a fight right now actually--over a gallon of milk if you must know)

Um....yes....you see a pattern here..Jayla.  She is sooooooooooo manipulative.  She even has the school nurse snowballed into thinking that she is sick almost every day of the week; laying down in the room on the cot eating crackers during class.  

She is an expert at manipulating. 

So, she is our project for the next 4 months. 

She WILL obey;

she WILL tell the truth;

she will NOT go from John to me asking the same question hoping to get a different answer;

she will NOT continue to pretend she forgot what the other parent said;

she will NOT continue to tell the girls what mean people they are if they don't play with her;

she will NOT talk Johnny into doing her homework for her anymore (as she bats her eyelashes at him);

she will NOT hide plates around the house because she knows she's not to eat anywhere but the kitchen;

she will NOT try and talk the girls into breaking rules promising them they won't get caught;

AND.... she will NOT wear leopard leggings with tiny tanks any more.

Hannah hates Jayla (yes, I am speaking frankly about real feelings going on over here) and so we are working on that at the moment.  I told her she can endure anything for 5 months.  

The lesson learned?  Never take in another girl that is the same age as Hannah. 

All that being said.  We love Jayla, we have a lot of fun with her and I will miss her when she moves out.

Ryan, however, is my sweetheart.  I am SO in love with that boy.  He wants to please me all day long.  He wrote an essay about me in school that the teacher showed me at parent teacher conferences.  It was the sweetest thing I had ever read.  I have one foster child who can't live with out me, and one of my own (Hannah) who is writing that she hates me in her diary.   

Johnny has agreed --to my amazement-- that Ryan can share his room with him so that I can get Hannah out and back in her own room.  3 girls in one room was doomed from the start.  

We are growing, stretching, learning, seeing God do big things, and are definitely glad we did it.

I am amazed that these kids are still alive and functioning after the trauma they have been through.  That is a miracle in itself.
 
  Their mom is wonderful, trying her best, and agrees to anything we deem necessary to help her kids.  I couldn't ask for a better parent to work with than Tiffany.
 ________________________________
(10 minute break.....Ryan is puking in my bathroom sink.  I'll be right back...) 
 ________________________________
 
OK...John has his tools out and is working on digging out the spaghetti pieces from the clogged drain and Ryan got a lesson on puking in the toilet next time....on to some pics of the kids.


Jayla at her school locker
 

Jayla trying to talk John into letting her stay up past 9:00 p.m.

Explaining the rules to Jayla as Hannah likes to be the 'guard of the rules'. 

 Jayla triumphant as she got her way....these are the early days.....

Another 'begging session' w/Jayla

And the begging continues....this is an hourly occurrence at our home...

Holly with her new hat on

Playing with face paint....

 Holly and Ryan

Sorry I haven't called much.  It's just so LOUD in our house and so many questions are flying at me from every where that I just am walking in a fog half the time.  

So, my mantra will now be.....'I am going to turn around, walk away and let God take care of it all.'

The end.   

No comments: