Monday, September 17, 2012

Trying to keep up with highschool stuff

High school has been an adventure so far.  
I have enjoyed watching Johnny make good decisions...
I have been brokenhearted for him as he sat the sidelines during football...
I have watched 'fast' girls chase after him...
I have been called a professional stalker by John...
I am seeing him go to his first dance- on his first date....
I am letting him go to people's houses that I have no idea who the parents are...
I am letting him go to Northwestern football games with kids I don't know...
And I keep praying through it all.  

Homecoming.....
Here is his sweet date, Emma, his friend from CHA since pre-school.  I love her and Johnny keeps reminding me they are just friends...

Here she is with one of her teachers at 8th grade graduation

This is her with a group of her girlfriends.
 I am buying the corsage for her today and then going to Good Will to find him a suit coat.  Yes- me... I of course made all the arrangements- except for pictures which will be at one of the girls homes.  Apparently, hor dourves are served to all the parents during picture taking.  Can you believe that?  Times have sure changed....

He 'officially' asked her this last weekend by getting her a cute stuffed dog and putting a fancy collar on it with a heart tag on the collar.  You can have them engraved at Pet Smart and so he put her name on the front of the heart and then "Homecoming 2012?" on the back of the tag.  It was really cute.  She hugged him and I could tell really loved it.  I have no pictures to show you because Emma's mom took them.  If she e-mails them to me I will show you all.

I finally talked him into going to Willow Creek's youth group.  John and I thought that would be a great place for his Christian growth...
I found this on Facebook a few hours later...

 Ummm....Yeah....more girls and it looks like he is sitting on this girls lap????  So just what do they do at Youth Group?  I never brought this up to Johnny.  I can't tell him every thing I snoop into.  John smiled and said, "Well, at least they are Christian girls".   

Football has been drastically better.  Johnny is the starting receiver now.  A kid was missing from the game 2 weeks ago and Johnny filled in and ended up taking the position permanently.   He made GBN's "Play of the Week" last week when he blocked a field goal.  Every week the school puts up a play of the week on their website and he was picked.  He was pretty excited.  He also got a touchdown last game.  So I think he is starting to prove himself to the coaches.

______________________________________________________

Joey is trying out for the 8th grade play, 'Charlotte's Web', today.  He asked me to come a little early and listen through the door to let him know how he did.  He has been practicing Wilbur.  I could be the understudy as many times as he's asked me to critique him.  He will be crushed if he doesn't get that part.  I hope and pray they pick him.  
Here is his part he has been practicing....
 

I took him to Gurnee Mills Mall yesterday and he spent his remaining birthday money on new clothes.  He got a darling haircut and loves to dress in a unique way.  I just love his style.  He wanted a beanie hat and some skinny jeans and jacket.  Here he is...
 He wants contacts so bad but I am worried that I need to protect his only good eye with glasses. 

I took him in for his physical yesterday and his weight went from the 60% to 2% for his age.  The doctor is making him weigh in next month to be sure he starts gaining weight.  He hopefully will listen to her.  He hasn't dropped anymore weight since the summer but hasn't gained any either.  

Soccer has been great for him and we are involved in those games 3 days a week after school now.

___________________________________

Hannah and I have been doing better in our relationship.  She is still disciplined a lot but is learning how to control her temper more.  The more one on one time I spend with her the better she is.  She gets mad when I touch her or ask her questions.  I just have to try and figure out what makes her enjoy our time together.

_____________________________________________________

Holly is still loving her friends, funny and sweet and I have no problems with her.......yet......

That's about it.  No word on the foster boys.  We are still going through licensing and waiting.  I'm still plugging away at school and work.

 

No comments: